7 more things about me.
I did this meme relatively recently, but it’s come around to Richard, a person I respect. He was kind enough to tag me, so I am happy to play.
Here are the rules:
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog. 2) Share 7 facts about yourself. 3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. 4) Let each person know that they have been tagged.
7 more things:
1. I’ve lived in two major cities: San Francisco and Honolulu. Don’t live in either one now.
2. I was a juvenile delinquent. I went to the beach, or walked downtown, instead of attending high school; …however:
3. When I did decide to go to college, I loved it, and did very well (honor roll, dean’s list, etc.)
4. I was a budding scientist as a child, a dropout in high school (see above) and a music major in college. Now I combine all these things (particularly the drop-out 🙂 ).
5. When I was a vegetarian, I was a rampant vegetarian. Not only did I not eat meat, I did not consume eggs, dairy, or added oils or fats in my food. And, I thought anyone who didn’t do the same was wrong.
6. Now, I’m a “moderate” vegetarian, adjusting and flowing with life and times. A Buddhist monk I met at a Franciscan retreat center told me something that changed forever the way I look at things. He said he generally was a vegetarian, but when someone was kind enough to offer him food, it was better to be thankful and eat what was offered than to refuse a dish in order to adhere to a self-imposed principal.
7. I now attempt to remain in a state of thankfulness and appreciation, and, at this point, I don’t think anyone is “wrong” or “bad”. For any reason.