These were sent to me by a friend. I like them because they are reminders of simple things that can add joy to our days. Here are some we can self-initiate: #s 2,3,7,10,11,12,13,17,21,31,33,35,40,41,&44.
That’s 14 things just from this list that I can try, all by myself, if I find I need cheering up! There are lots of others, but the list is a great start. It’s said that if things aren’t going well, do something, or think a thought that makes you feel just a little better. Once you’ve gotten used to that, then choose something that’ll feel a little better than that. It’s not necessary to take a big leap into feeling GREAT, when we don’t, quite.
I wouldn’t want to do all of these every day, like #1 or #8, for instance. Some of them can’t happen too often, such as #27, or #43. There are a couple I’m not sure would be a “high” for me, like #29—not everyone relishes that sort of thing.
My very favorites are 33, and the last item on the list. When I can convince myself of that one, I know I’m going to have a good day!
1. Falling in love.
2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.
3. A hot shower.
4. No lines at the supermarket.
5. A special glance.
6. Getting mail.
7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.
8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.
9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.
10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.
11. Chocolate milkshake (or vanilla or strawberry).
12. A bubble bath.
14. A good conversation.
15. The beach.
16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.
17. Laughing at yourself.
18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they Love you
19. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.
20. Running through sprinklers.
21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.
22. Having someone tell you that you’re beautiful.
23. Laughing at an inside joke with FRIENDS
24. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.
25. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.
26. Your first kiss (the very first).
27. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.
28. Playing with a new puppy.
29. Having someone play with your hair.
30. Sweet dreams.
31. Hot chocolate.
32. Road trips with friends.
33. Swinging on swings.
34. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.
35. Making chocolate chip cookies.
36. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.
37. Holding hands with someone you care about.
38. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good
or bad) never change.
39. Watching the expression on someone’s face as they open a much
desired present from you.
40. Watching the sunrise.
41. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another
42. Knowing that somebody misses you.
43. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.
44. Knowing you’ve done the right thing, no matter what other people think.