And now, a word from our sponsor…
Part one of this post is sponsored by my friend, b0bbyg, erstwhile Media Studies student, more recently blog-novelist (bloggelist?). His tag is my command:
4 places I go over and over:
(1) Chorus rehearsal. What can I say; I like to sing!
(2) Science club meeting; ditto
(3) Saguaro National Park – The best hiking in the winter
(4) Trader Joe’s, the best food market
4 people who e-mail me regularly:
(I’ll pick two blog buddies, and two non-bloggies)
(1) thebeadden, to share updates on life, and support in situations.
(2) sulz is sensitive to when I’m challenged by something, and helps me then; and also sometimes asks my advice, which makes me feel good.
(3) My sister. She lives too far away to visit often. It was difficult to get her to use email at first, though.
(4) The president of my chorus board. Usually with things for me to do!
4 of my favorite places to eat:
(1) Quiznos (submarine sandwiches)
(2) Opa! (the best Greek food)
(3) Harvest Moon (my favorite Chinese food place)
(4) Shogun (Sushi!)
4 places you’d rather be NOW:
(1) In my bed as I’m getting sleepy
(2) The South of England
(3) A warm beach on Maui
(4) Anywhere with interesting architecture to observe. (But, in all truth, I really am quite content where I am!)
4 TV shows I could watch over and over:
B0bby, who tagged me, already used TWO of mine!
(1) Doctor Who
(2) Star Trek TOS
(3) Stargate SG1
(4) Red Dwarf (do we notice a pattern?) 😉
4 movies I could watch over and over:
(1) The Wizard of Oz
(2) The Sound of Music
(3) Somewhere in Time
(4) The Bishop’s Wife
4 people I hope will respond:
And, sponsoring Post Part deux, are the bloggers thebeadden; Apar; and sulz, who have recently given me awards! I am humbled and amazed. And I’m instructed I must award these to other bloggers, as well:
I received this from Apar and from sulz. Since each of them thought I might be worthy of it; I’d better pay attention. Thank you both!
“The proximity award rewards bloggers who are not just on the lookout for quality posts, but truly care about the blogger behind the words; for investing and believing in proximity – nearness in space, time and relationships”
In our blogs, “nearness” is a relative term. Some of the people I feel “near” to are actually quite far away physically. A blogger I know who embodies these qualities is half a word away from me. I award this to Poonam, who deserved the award even before she invested so much time, energy, care, and love into designing and implementing an amazing blog awards program!
This one comes to me from thebeadden. It has a picture of an “eye”, and at least one of my eyes were a bit teary after I read her post.
The Eye Spy an Excellent Blog award goes to people “to let them know how much their words have touched you and made a difference in your life.”
Although I don’t comment as much as I might, because he is just so prolific in bringing us wisdom from many traditions, and concepts to ponder, and his unique take on worldwide teachings, I do read everything he writes, and Davidya has indeed touched me and made a difference in my life!
***Update, Tuesday: I just received an “Embracelet” (awww) from Kiran. Isn’t it nice? Thanks, Kiran:
Memes and awards remind me to take a step back; to remember how much I appreciate this community, and to allow the lighter side of consciousness to come out to play! I am grateful.